[squid-users] Squid Problem

From: Noel Manansala <knowelle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:55:05 +0400

Hi,

Good day.

I have been using squid way before but when I used it now in our
company (Red Hat 9.0, Squid 2.5) I noticed that it performs pretty
well in all sites except one (www.esri.com ). Squid returns the page
but not only after at least 1.5 to 2 minutes which is very far from
other return time for other sites which only takes at the most 10
seconds. But what is confusing is that if i connect to (
support.esri.com) which I believe is also belonging to their domain
and internet servers, it works fine. I mean it returns the page
quickly.

I think it all started behaving this way when I installed malloc but
this I cannot be sure of because that is the only thing I did or
'added' to my squid configuration when this irregular thing happened.

I hope you can help me with this because this is the only hindrance on
my part now for me to be able to use squid full-blown to our company.
That website which I am having problems about ( www.esri.com) is our
business partner so it goes to say that all my users will ALWAYS be
connecting to that site.

I don't know if there is something wrong in my config file but it is
just normal and it works to all the sites so I don't think the config
file is the problem here. Can you please suggest or just even give an
explanation on why such thing is possible to happen in squid.

Thanks very much and I would greatly appreciate your response to this.

Regards,

knowelle