[squid-users] Squid and bandwidth sharing(balancing) question

From: Aleksandar Ciric <prettylittlehorsie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:16:16 +0100

I am running a small lan, 60 users, on a rather limited bandwidth.
Main concern is http download. I would like each user to have his fair
share of total bandwidth available.

For example if there is only one user downloading something, he could
use 100%, if there are 2 they would each get 50% and so on.

Can squid do such bandwith scaling (per ip) and what is best solution
for this sort of problem ? (since now it oftenly happens that someone
clogs the connection with some big download while others get really
miserable rates)

I was reading docs about delay pools, but they dont state that there
is any fairness enforced. (I dont really want to set upper limits on
individual bandwidth usage since it also oftenly happens that there
are very few users actually using the internet).