Re: [squid-users] how to monitoring squid

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:22:45 -0500

> Hello all
> I installed squid on suse 10, how i can know that my squid is running?
> is there a console or something that i can see?

  - Check wether you have a squid process in the process list :

     % ps auxww | grep squid

 - Check SQUID's cache.log ,for operational information

 - # tail -f ..../logs/access.log : to view user activity

 - Use the cachemgr interface to obtain online stats about SQUID.

 - Use log analysis processing tools , giving daily or weekly reports
   concerning squid's load and usage :

         http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

 M.