RE: [squid-users] Squid on the blink. Working and then not...

From: Nolan Rumble <nmr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:21:20 +0200

<snip>

I should have mentioned this, sorry. Users see a "Page could not be
displayed error 401" Or in other words an "401 Unauthorized". It
doesn't make any sense to me. The rules don't point to that and
access.log shows nothing for that hit.

<snip>

That to me suggests that there is a problem with your authentication
program. Check the logs of the authentication program to see if it
returns any errors. Perhaps it gets tied up with too many request for
authentication at once?

Is the error generated from squid, or is it the browser that's returning
the error message? If it's the browser, try using another one, say
FireFox, and see if it gives the same problems?

Nolan