[squid-users] Authentication from AD, pop up problem

From: M.Sinan BEYRIBEY <sinan.beyribey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:43:29 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I'm using ntlm and winbind on rh enterprise 4.2 and i dont have any
problem with authenticating users from AD (Its seamless operation when
they are logged on domain). But im having problems when i deny with
proxy_auth username directive.

Because, squid is re-sending authentication request to client when he/she
is not authorised to connect somewhere limited, and a pop up window
appears asking for username/password. I want only domain logon information
to be used, rather than user approved credentials.

Is there any way to do this?

I know its unusual, but i have a couple of users which not sensitive about
their account information. So i have to limit them authenticated only by
domain logon information.

Thanks for any kind of help,

--
M.Sinan BEYRIBEY