[squid-users] SquidNT ignoring dns_nameservers?

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:27:36 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have installed SquidNT on Windows 2003, and configured a nameserver with
dns_nameservers (due to domain restrictions, I can't change the nameserver
in the TCP properties, and I want to use the local DNS server, not a
server on the other side of the country). This nameserver works (I can use
'nslookup dns.name dns.server.ip' and everything resolves fine), but when
I start Squid, a DNS error is logged (DNS tests failed), and Squid fails
to start.

I've temporarily solved the problem by adding -D to the CommandLine
registry key, but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to why SquidNT
seems to ignore the dns_nameservers line.

Joost