[squid-users] proxy auth / windows

From: Dustin <deviousz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:31:23 -0800

Hello,

This may have been hashed before, so excuse if it has, as I have not
been able to find the answer.

How can I allow some users to access a few specific URLs? Can I
specify these users based on user name instead of by ip address? I
read in the FAQ that users can be granted access at specific times,
but am not sure about accessing limited sites.

BTW, most clients will be Windows systems. On that note, If I install
squid on Windows/cygwin, can I utilize proxy authentication? If so,
can I utilize the Windows NT domain for user accounts? From the
documentation, it seems this is doable if running squid on *nix w/
winbind, but I can't tell if it is when running squid on Windows.

TIA,

-d