Re: [squid-users] SquidNT ignoring dns_nameservers?

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:21:27 +0100 (CET)

> Squid on Windows doesn't ignore the dns_nameservers squid.conf
> directive, unless you are using an old external DNS build.

I downloaded 2.5STABLE12-NT Standard from acmeconsulting.it.

> The specified name server could not be able to resolve the host names
> specified in the dns_testnames squid.conf directive.

When I manually test the server on the dns_testnames directive line, using
'nslookup nu.nl 192.168.1.1', the names are resolved.

And now the really puzzling part:

I just ran an ethereal trace (no filter, capture everything) and there's
no DNS traffic whatsoever while running 'sbin\squid -d1 -f
etc/squid.conf'! When running with -Dd1, squid starts normally and in the
output I see that 192.168.1.1 is added as DNS server.

I have the following in my squid.conf:

dns_nameservers 192.168.1.1
dns_testnames nu.nl

Joost