Re: [squid-users] proxy auth / windows

From: Dustin <deviousz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:47:55 -0800

> All of this is possible. Please study the FAQ ´Access Controls´ in greater
> depth and detail.
>

> M.

I went through the FAQ again, but have not found what I need to know.
I did however piece together this from some of the examples. Again,
what I want to do, is allow a group of users access to only a handful
of web sites.

acl USER1 proxy_auth Dick
acl USER2 proxy_auth Jane
acl special_url_1 url_regex ^http://www.fedex.com/$
acl special_url_2 url_regex ^http://www.ups.com/$
http_access allow USER1 special_url_1
http_access allow USER1 special_url_2
http_access allow USER2 special_url_1
http_access allow USER2 special_url_2
http_access deny USER1
http_access deny USER2

OR, can I throw these users into a group like so?:

acl dataentry_ops proxy_auth Dick Jane Peter
acl special_url_1 url_regex ^http://www.fedex.com/$
acl special_url_2 url_regex ^http://www.ups.com/$
http_access allow dataentry_ops special_url_1
http_access allow dataentry_ops special_url_1
http_access deny dataentry_ops

TIA,