[squid-users] Permissions for Apache web server are asked when going to this site. Why?

From: Benedek Frank <benedek.frank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:35:18 +0100

Hi

We are using a Squid server for our Proxy, and we are having a little
issue. It works great for the most part, and I have sarg to monitor the
log files. For that, I need Apache as a webserver, to show the HTML
reports. I have Apache restricted with htpassword. All users are routed
through the Proxy, which is obviously the same IP as the Webserver, as I
am using the same machine for both applications.

When our users behind the proxy goes to this address:
http://www.corinthiahotels.com/ they will be asked for credentials for
the Apache web server. If they ignore it, and press cancel, it is fine,
they can keep browsing the site. Why would this be happening?

Thanks

Ben