RE: [squid-users] Permissions for Apache web server are asked when going to this site. Why?

From: Benedek Frank <benedek.frank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:30:27 +0100

Sorry for flooding the forum, this is my second reply in the last 2
mintues.

I got further. When I browse that site, and the login window for Apache
comes up, the following gets recorded in the access.log file.

1136467755.052 497 10.140.80.11 TCP_MISS/401 850 GET
http://localhost/collect_.jsp? - DIRECT/127.0.0.1 text/html

Why would that happen, and why would Localhost lead to the Remote Proxy
server, and not to the local machine? I might just answer it for myself
now, but please confirm. I have in GPO set that even local requests are
going through Proxy. With that, I thought local to Network, and not
local to Machine.
Perhaps also related is that now we no longer can access the printer's
web interface by just typing it's name (HP2300n) etc.

Thanks for any help,

Ben