Re: [squid-users] Squid is blocking access to some BBC news sites

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:24:50 +0100

On 06.01 22:08, Jason Bassett wrote:
> Its sorted now, D& E Radels solution worked. Mark im afraid your solution
> still caused me a similar error.
>
> Can anyone explain what "header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all" line
> actually does?

It removes the X-Forwarded-For header which is added by squid ti inform that
the request was forwarded through suid for someone else.

Seems the BBC site is broken or braindead - they expect every request with
this header to come from outside. Imho you should report this to BBC
webmaster who should remove or fix the feature...

Linux is like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...