Re: [squid-users] proxycheck hints?

From: Mipam <mipam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:27:53 +0100 (MET)

> > No, because the proxy is squid and is running on localhost.
> > So i was trying to check squid running at localhost (127.0.0.1) whether
> > it'll accept requests for other websites. It does because i configured
> > squid to be a proxy for 127.0.0.1 :-)
> >
> > /proxycheck -vv -d www.squid-cache.org:80 -c chat:"GET
> > /mailing-lists.html HTTP/1.0":"HTTP/1.1 200 OK" -p hc:3128 127.0.0.1
> >
> > Okay, going doing a telnet to localhost 3128
> > and then i type:
> >
> > GET /mailing-lists.html HTTP/1.0
>
> Normally, it won´t work that way, remember that squid is not a webserver.
> Try for instance :
>
> GET http://www.hp.com/ HTTP/1.0
> <double return>

Okay, but how do i get this into proxycheck?
If i say -c chat:"GET http://www.hp.com/ HTTP/1.0":"HTTP/1.1 200 OK"
i see in tcpdump that it is omitting everything behind :, eventhough it's
between ""'s. Bye,

> > I get to see that page from squid-cache.org, but when i do it with the
> > command above i only see error messages, like forbidden.
> > So squid is working nicely and proxying for me, but with proxycheck it
> > doesnt want to do it. What am i doing wrong?
>
> No idea , for the moment.

Okay, i'm stuck with the proxycheck program here, never seen it working
nicely, eventhough squid runs nicely on localhost and lynx can connect to
every site using squid.
Bye,

Mipam.