Re: [squid-users] wrong diskspace count and assertion failed: diskd/store_dir_diskd.c:1930: "buf"

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:06:37 -0200

On Monday 09 January 2006 12:32, Mark Elsen wrote:
> > like I said I already do not use optimizer switches
>
> Using these configure options , you mention does not lower
> optimizer switches.
> You have to include the SETENV command I pointed you to
> before starting configure.
>
> >, the only thing what might
> > be missing is -g but I believe this would not make any difference to this
> > problem
> >

> >what does this error mean? that buf is invalid or is empty?
>
> Itīs not certain , perhaps the binary is corrupted.

this for certain is not the case and would be strange to get th same error on
different machines

squid counts suddenly as if the complete disk space of 21GB is used what is
wrong, only 2x 7GB is configured and used

>> WARNING: Disk space over limit: 22004956 KB > 14336000 KB
> > /dev/da0s1f    9.7G    3.1G    5.8G    35%    /c/c1
> > /dev/da0s1g    9.7G    3.1G    5.9G    34%    /c/c2

so for me at certain moment the storeDiskdShmGet function counts or sets wrong
leading to this problem

so the question for me here is if the problem is that squid get a wrong info
from the OS or if squid counts wrong or fetches wrong info

since this happens after a certain time, 10-20 days uptime, I shoot some kind
of leak here

> Does :
>
> % man 7 signal
>
> produce anything meaningfull on your system ?

I believe on freebsd there are only the standard c lib manual pages as:

 1 SIGHUP terminate process terminal line hangup
     2 SIGINT terminate process interrupt program
     3 SIGQUIT create core image quit program
     4 SIGILL create core image illegal instruction
     5 SIGTRAP create core image trace trap
     6 SIGABRT create core image abort program (formerly SIGIOT)
     7 SIGEMT create core image emulate instruction executed
     8 SIGFPE create core image floating-point exception
     9 SIGKILL terminate process kill program
     10 SIGBUS create core image bus error
     11 SIGSEGV create core image segmentation violation
if you want it complete you may get it here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=signal&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.0-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html
or I send it to you

--
H.