[squid-users] squid -k shutdown

From: Pamela Rock <prock111@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:58:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have Squid 2.10 installed on a RH ES3 platform and
I'm having problems shutting down squid. I am trying
to integrate squid with Smartfilter and then with
Heartbeat to achieve a high availability proxy
solution. When I do a squid -k shutdown I get the
following error...

Squid ERROR: Could not send signal 15 to process #####
(3) No such process ID

Where ##### is a process ID that I pick. I choose a
PID number that squid will utilize as a process ID
(e.g. 15383).

Is there some unique number that need to place into
the /usr/local/squid/var/logs/squid.pid file to make
this work or what is the best solution? Please let me
know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Pamela Rock

Just $16.99/mo. or less.