Re: [squid-users] squid -k shutdown

From: Pamela Rock <prock111@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 05:50:41 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

Thank you for the quick response. My issue is that
Squid does not shut down properly when running a squid
-k shutdown command. Now I know there are other ways
to do this including a hard (kill) shutdown however
the other applications (specifically Heartbeat) I am
integrating Squid with require this process to work.

Are there any recommendations how to resolve the
following error?

(I do have the squid.pid file defined correctly in
squid.conf)

Thanks in advance.

> > Squid ERROR: Could not send signal 15 to process
> #####
> > (3) No such process ID
>
> ...:/squid.pid contains the PID of the squid
> process and should not be
> tampered with.
>
> M.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.