Re: [squid-users] Weird problem with Freebsd 6.0+Squid 2.5 Stable12+routers

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:23:50 -0200

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:33, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 10.01 11:08, H wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:36, Edinilson J. Santos wrote:
> > > --with-pthreads --with-dl --with-aio
> >
> > you probably should not use this options on freebsd

using aio on Freebsd is a risky thing, you may loose your disk on incorrect
shutdown and IMO diskd performance is better with freebsd native softupdate
filesystem option and it is very secure

setting hte filesystem on async and running squid as aio I tried once but I
did not get better results in performance but got lot of troubles elsewhere

as I saw on his squid configuration he was not using aio so no need to compile
pthreads and aio

--
H.