[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy to a web server and an internet site

From: Andrew S Tester <astester@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:03:15 -0500

I currently use a squid proxy server to proxy to a single web server using
accelerator mode. I do this strictly for security purposes to hide the web
server. I have the IP address of the single web server in the
httpd_accel_host directive. In addition to doing this, I would like to
proxy to another web site on the internet. The squid server will only be
used to get to these two sites. How do I configure squid to do this. I
realize that I probably need to set the httpd_accel_host directive to
virtual. But how do I tell squid when to go to my web server and when to
go to the web site on the internet? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Scott.