[squid-users] Reverse Proxy

From: Harry Jandu <Harry.Jandu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:58:45 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to setup Squid for the first time to sit in the DMZ of our network, and act as a reverse proxy to a Windows IIS server on the internal network.

The internal web server uses Windows username/password to authenticate users. This all works well for internal users, but if I try to access it from the Internet, I get the browsers login dialog box. Entering the username/password, and clicking on OK, simply brings the login box back again.

Below is my squid.conf, and attached is the access.log file. I have Redhat Linux 9, with Squid version 2.5-STABLE1-2 installed.

icp_port 0
http_port 10.0.9.2:80
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl http_ports port 80
acl asbestos dst 10.0.3.18/255.255.255.255
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow localhost
http_access allow CONNECT all asbestos http_ports
http_access allow all

httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_host 10.0.3.18
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Regards

Harry

This communication and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or information contained in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error please return it to
the sender, and delete the material from any computer.
We reserve a right to monitor email communications through normal
internal and external networks.
We believe but not warrant that the email and the attachments are virus free.
The statement and opinions expressed in this communication are those of
the writer and do not necessarily represent that of Interserve Project Services Limited, whose registered office address is;

395 George Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 7RZ
Tel +44(0) 121 344 4888
Fax +44 (0) 121 344 4801