[squid-users] squid cache V apache proxy cache]

From: <bjones@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:14:50 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can be of assistance.

I have always used squid as a proxy server for both my Home network and
the corporate environment that I work in. However, due to a change in the
guard, for whatever reasons they would like to use the apache proxy within
apache for the cache for the corporate users of over 2000 machines.

I am still in favour of squid, as squid is a caching product and apache
well I do believe they serve web pages well, but not cache or proxy.

What valid arguments can I use to help sway that opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Barry Jones