Re: [squid-users] pre build rpm

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:28:04 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Remy Almeida wrote:

> Actulay i have never build an rpm of my own. and i don't know who to
> create a spec file.

It's in the source RPM. You only have to modify it slightly to include the
patch..

> can you give me the steps to create the spec file and to re build the rpm.
>
> eg: my squid sorce is squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.9.x86_64.rpm

This is a binary RPM, not a source RPM. source RPMs is found in the SRPMS
directory.

And I really urge you to get a more up to date version of Squid if
building your own. The only good reason to stick to the above ancient
version of Squid-2.5 is to stay within the RedHat support, but as you are
building your own you exit the RedHat support for the Squid package
anyway..