[squid-users] Authentication Question

From: Gendel, David <Gendel.D@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:48:34 -0800

This is a question of how to properly implement or use web server
authentication through squid 2.X. This is not a question about
authentication to the Squid server itself.

The scenario is:

Users --> Squid 2.5 --> IIS6

This is all internal and there is no authentication to the Squid server
itself.

What authentication schemes are available to use for web applications
running on the IIS?

- Basic
- Forms Based
- Digest
- Advanced Digest
- NTLM (I already know this will not work based on protocol design)
- Windows Integrated (I already know this will not work based on
protocol design)

Any suggestions, examples, or documentation would be greatly
appreciated....

-- David