Re: [squid-users] wrong diskspace count and assertion failed: diskd/store_dir_diskd.c:1930: "buf"

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:49:14 -0200

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 14:13, Mark Elsen wrote:

> It sure is. If ufs works; then it is related to SHM kernel values.

still some guess because only a day running this but it seems to be some kind
of SHM or MSGMNB problem where squid gets confused instead of accusing busy
msgqueue or out of shm like in squid-manager busy or failed queues

when I reduce SHMMAX I can accelerate the appearance of the problem as well
when decreasing MSGMNB

when I give 256MB for SHMMAX the buf problem does not even appear under heavy
stress but with 4Mb it appears almost imediatly or soon http traffic grows

appears also that when the assertion error ocurres diskd processes are not
crashing or restarting, only the squid process what probably cause the the
restart loop until the disks are empty or until manually shut down and
restarted clean

--
H.