[squid-users] throughput limitation from cache

From: Richard Mittendorfer <delist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:51:55 +0100

Hello *,

When downloading a cached file from the local squid, I just get about
250 - 280kB/s. Even on localhost. Is this a limitation with diskd
serving files from cache or some intern limit? I also tried aufs, but
didn't get a better rate. I found a thread here about this, but it got
more into a diskd/aufs discussion :) and didn't provide a solution or
explains it.
It doesn't look like it's disk/system related, vmstat/top doesn't show
high load.

linux 2.6 celeron 600MHz
squid-2.5.STABLE12 Debian GNU/Linux
2 x cache_dir diskd 1G 8 128 on 2 x SCSI reiserfs
32M cache_mem, acls, .. need more info?

TIA, ritch