[squid-users] Automatic restart squid when response time is too large

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:57:00 +0100

Hello,

One of our proxies has a problem which causes the response time to explode.
We've been unable to find a cause for this behaviour, but I want to implement
a workaround: when the median response time grows over 1 second (normal
behaviour is a median response time of about 100/110ms) I want to
automatically restart the proxy.

Does anyone have something like this already implemented, or do I need to
write my own script that does this? I'd hate reinventing the wheel, since I'm
not really a script builder....

Joost

--
Du hast mein Herz zerrissen, meine Seele geraubt
Das es so enden würde hätt` ich nie geglaubt              [Aus der Ruinen -]