RES: [squid-users] MSNT_auth - Group Requests

From: Luis Fernando C. Talora <luis.talora@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:01:22 -0200

I´ve heard it´s possible to use MS NT/AD Groups if you use wb_ntlmauth. I´ve
found this auth mechanism too hard to configure, though (it requires you to
configure winbind - and maybe kerberos, also). I know nothing about
msnt_auth.

Here we use ntlm_auth. We´ve chosen not to use groups because our old proxy
(MS ISA Server) showed itself very ineficient with that configuration: every
single change made on group membership to give or revoke user´s access to
some site, required us to wait for AD replication and the user to logoff and
logon his machine again. If we had made some mistake (put the user in the
wrong group, for example), we had to it all over again. It was terrible!

Text files with Squid showed themselves much more reliable and faster to
solve problems ando to put things working.

If you think that it can help, I can send you na example of a working
squid.conf with wb_ntlmauth, from a company where some friend work.

If you don´t mind, could you please send me your auth_param lines for
msnt_auth? I´m curious to try that authentication mechanism...

Thanks a lot! And hope I´ve helped...

Best regards,

Luis Talora