Re: [squid-users] Can this be done ?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:06:57 +1030

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 06:36:47AM -0800, S t i n g r a y wrote:

> 1. block specific catagory related websites ?
> "porn,advertiesments,sports,games etc etc ..."
>
> 2. give quota to certian webcontent to everyuser, for
> example allow single to download 100MB worth .mp3 or
> .zip files ?

At the risk of sounding like a corporate shill - both these things can
be done with Websense (www.websense.com). I don't know if they
support linux, we run websense with squid integration on solaris
machines for our internal squid proxies here. It's not a zero cost
option but they do maintain the database of URL's - the websense
install auto-updates this database from the master servers regularly.

I have no affiliation with the websense company - we just use their
stuff.

--
Brett Lymn