[squid-users] squid.conf not blocking sites....

From: Schaefer, Charles <CSchaefer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:59:19 -0500

I'm having an issue with a squid.conf file running on 2.5 in which the sites listed in the conf file as

acl bad_site dstdomain www.badsite.com
http_access deny bad_site

does not work.

I have other acl's above this to allow traffic, to specific "allowed" sites that do work such as:

acl good_site1 dstdomain www.goodsite1.com
http_access allow good_site1

acl good_site2 dstdom_regex [-i] goodsite2
http_access allow good_site2

 and below this I have the following directive:

http_access deny all

It's really odd in that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what will be allowed and what will not!