Re: AW: [squid-users] Squid with SquidGuard

From: Mark Sansome <msansome@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:12:55 +0000

Werner.Rost@zf.com wrote:

>Suqid and squidguard work fine for me.
>
>There are 2 scripts:
>
>/sbin/init.d/squid (yep, OS is Tru64):
>
> case $1 in
>
> 'start')
> echo "Starting SQUID ..."
> nohup /sbin/init.d/squid_start
> ;;
> <snip>
>
>and /sbin/init.d/squid_start:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> su - squid -c '/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -D'
>

>and an entry in /sbin/rc3.d:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root bin 15 Aug 20 2002 S99squid -> ../init.d/squid
>

>Voila, this works. After a reboot squid and squidguard are running.
>
>Hope this helps a little bit.
>
>Werner Rost
>GMT-FIR - Netzwerk

Well I had high hopes for this. I worked through it step-by-step
changing the relevant file locations to match my system - even putting
in some "echo" comments to trace where I was and, Hey Presto! It
worked.... from the command line...
Note: I had to change the /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid_start script to read su
- squid --command=`/usr/sbin/squid -D` (with backticks) for it to work
(Although I think the -D switch is unnecessary because, if I read my
init.d/squid script correctly, it calls /etc/sysconfig/squid which sets
it as default).

So. Now I can run "/sbin/service squid start" and squid will start
together with squidGuard.

Full of hope, I rebooted (having first removed the entry from
/etc/rc.d/rc.local).

No joy...

still the same error.

To use the vernacular - This is doing my head in!

Thanks and best regards

Mark