Re: [squid-users] Squid proxy and outlook express

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:40:24 +1300

Simplest solution:
In our setup the default gateway IP issued by DHCP server is that of our
ADSL router. All ports are blocked on the router's built-in firewall
except 25 and 110 so that email is inrestricted. Nothing else gets
through. To access the www, browsers are configured to use Squid as the
http proxy.

Outlook Express does use Internet Explorer settings, but doesn't use the
proxy settings. It basically ignores those.

regards,
D.Radel
.