Re: [squid-users] File Descriptor limit in Windows binary

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:04:39 +0100

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 10:32 +0100, Joost de Heer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The current Windows binary provided by Guido Serassio has a 2048 file
> descriptor limit. I'd like to increase this to 4096. Is the current an OS
> limit or can this be changed? And if it can be changed, could anyone
> provide me with information how to do this?

AFAIK it's a limitation in the MingW runtime that can't be worked
around.

There are a few ideas floating around to have an improved filedescriptor
abstraction layer in squid-3 which would enable MSWin32 handles and thus
native MS Windows I/O (completion ports and everything), but I don't
think anything has been coded yet.

Any takers?

        Kinkie