Re: [squid-users] FW: Bypassing Squid for HTTP 1.1 chunked response

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:24:09 +0100

> I am trying to resolve a problem when going to a Siebel application via
> a Squid Proxy. It seems that the Siebel application (running on IIS
> 5.0) is responding to the HTTP 1.0 message with an HTTP 1.1
> "Transfer-encoding: chunked" response as the Siebel application is
> finding an "accept-encoding" header in the incoming requests.
>
> From the FAQ I have tried bypassing SQUID using the following:
>
> acl siebel dstdomain <YOUR WEB SERVER FQDN>
>
> always_direct allow siebel
>
> But this does not seem to be having the required effect of completely
> bypassing the proxy.

  Often this directive is mis understood and it does not do what you want.
  always_direct is only meaningfull when your squid is using parent caches
  and indicates when they should be bypassed or not.

  To bypass SQUID the request, may not 'enter' squid, and this then has
  to be soved at the browser level.

  Btw. an interesting tool w.r.t. sight behavior on http1.0 or 1.1 issues is :

                    http://web-sniffer.net/

 M.