Re: [squid-users] FTP over HTTPs difficulties

From: Tomas Zahradnicky <zahradnicky@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:28:43 +0100

> > I have recently successfully set up squid 2.5.STABLE12 to run as our
>> company proxy and it works perfectly with HTTP. I'm also using squid
>> as FTP over HTTP proxy and it has few quirks I'm unable to fix yet.
>
> How did you do this ?

As far as I know, squid is able to do this by itself. When you run
squid and allow port 21 with it, you can use it as a FTP over HTTP
(not FTP) proxy. FTP client needs to be configured to use that kind
of proxy.

> > What can be the problem? Do I have to change some settings in
> > squid.conf [not sure which]?
>>

>- Seems like the remote ftp server is abandoning, check its logs if possible.

There's nothing in the log but the message I have posted.

> - Or some intermediate firewall rule or ''data-allowed-xfersize"
>rule' is triggerd,
> breaking the connection.

What's the data-allowd-xfersize? I have searched squid.conf file and
there's nothing like this.

Tomas

--
# Ing. Tomas Zahradnicky, Jr.