[squid-users] Question about 'default' option for cache_peer

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:21:58 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

How does the 'default' keyword for cache_peer work exactly?

- the 'default' is always tried first, and then for that cache_peer the
cache_peer_access rules are applied.
- A list of cache_peers which are allowed is generated from the
cache_peer_access rules, and then the default is tried first.
- Otherwise?

Reason for asking:

I want separate parent proxies for http and https. For both protocols I
want to enable a cold standby parent, which should only be accessed when
the default parent is considered 'dead' by Squid. Can I mark both the
primary http parent and the primary https parent as default, and use
cache_peer_access to deny http to the https parents, and to deny https to
the http parents?

Joost