RE: [squid-users] Seamless squid fail-over with requirements

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:56:05 -0900

Look into http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#follow_xff

> 2. Redirector on the central cache must work

I'm not sure if the XFF patch affects redirectors.

> Is there a sane way to do this?

Be aware, the central proxy going down is still going to kill in-transit requests (i.e. big downloads will still die). Perhaps a better option would be to add another central server (or two), and load balance between them. That might reduce the likelihood of the central server going down. To the best of my knowledge, seamless hand-off of TCP streams is not possible with Squid.

Chris