Re: [squid-users] Windows Update through Squid cache fails

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:59:17 +1300

>> I have configured the (Windows 2000 & XP) clients on the LAN to use
>> Squid
>> as a proxy for web access. This (mostly) works without any issues
>> (for other sites)
>> except for the Windows security updates.
>>
>> Can anything be done about this
>>

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.54

One thing the FAQ doesn't seem clear on. Does this command (proxycfg -p
proxy_ip_address:port_number) affect manually visiting WindowsUpdates
using the web-browser? Or is it only Automatic Updates? I would've
thought it was for Automatic Updates only.

I use a SUS server for AutoUpdates because of the proxy, but
occasionally want to visit WindowsUpdates. Would the proxycfg command
screw-up updates via our local SUS server in any way?

Cheers
D.Radel.