Re: [squid-users] Can't get pam authorization to work

From: Joe Commisso <jemc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:26:22 -0500

Mark,
Mine is the system that pops up a dialog for username/password and then
just pops it back up, like the password is not recognized.

I found pam_auth on my system:

[root@r2d2 squid]# ll /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth
-r-s--x--x 1 root root 12727 Apr 27 2005 /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth*
[root@r2d2 squid]#

Here's part of my squid.conf:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid Proxy-Caching Web Server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

The man page has this:

SYNOPSIS
squid_pam_auth [-n "service name"] [-t TTL] [-o] [-1]

But where do I use the above? Or should I say what do I do now?
Can I configure this without recompiling pam or php or squid?

Thanks in advance,
Joe