[squid-users] squid digest proxy authentication fails with Java Web Start

From: <Fernando.Matomira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:15:42 +0100

I have a JWS application written using URLConnection so that it handles
all the proxy authentication stuff automatically. When Java Web Start
lauches, it asks
for the proxy credentials (digest), and it works for downloading the
application, but when this
starts and tries to connect to the same host and port, the Java runtime
asks for the proxy credentials again
and keeps on asking. One can never get past this dialog.

I've tried both with squid 2.5 and 3.0pre3 and it's the same. I was
using Java 1.5.0_05

Thanks