Re: [squid-users] squid and clamav

From: Peter Olsson <pol@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:53:53 +0100 (SNT)

Hello!

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:18 +0100, jacusy wrote:

> I am not happy about using two different squids. But the problem is:
> dansguardian needs a proxy to forward its requests to. But with dansguardian,
> I lose the information about source ip. This soucre ip is needed to apply
> client-specific access-rules. Therefor, the first squid is needed (with
> squidGurad).

> But the patches on http://devel.squid-cache.org/follow_xff/ apply only to two
> specific source-trees. What about actual builds? Is there another solution?

I installed a test server with dansguardian a couple of days ago,
and the patch for follow_xff doesn't seem to be needed with recent
versions of squid.
I have this setup: client -> dansguardian -> squid -> internet.

I put this in squid.conf:
follow_x_forwarded_for allow all
log_uses_indirect_client on

And this in dansguardian.conf:
forwardedfor = on

And then I got the client source IP numbers in the squid log.

This was with dansguardian 2.9.5.0 and squid 2.5.STABLE12.

--
Peter Olsson                    pol@leissner.se