Re: [squid-users] squid.conf encrypted with openssl des3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:41:39 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Ronny wrote:

> Hi all I encrypted the squid.conf file for LAB purposes but squid didn't die
> even after a restart it seems running normal for the last 30minutes but under
> watch.How does it decrypt the file O:-)

It certainly does not.

What most likely happened is either

   a) Your Squid rejected the entire configuration file, and is running
with only the built-in default settings. In this mode it should listen on
port 3128 but deny all requests.

or

   b) Your Squid is not using the squid.conf you think it is using. If this
is the case then Squid will indeed be running as if nothing had happened,
simply because nothing has happened (you encrypted another unrelated file
not used by your Squid..)