Re: [squid-users] squid authentication issue

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:02:01 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Any output from "squid -k parse"?

None.

> Any other http_access lines before this?

No.

What is it that causes a browser to just display the "Cache access denied"
page instead of prompting for a userid and password? Perhaps detailed
logging will show the part(s) of the transaction that are missing.

Another thought: I have some pretty restrictive header_access lines in
there (the "paranoid" set, I believe). Could that be removing one or more
headers that would make the browser do the desired thing here?