Re: [squid-users] parent cache information

From: Raj <sunfire2005@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:39:12 +1100

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I checked squid -v output on both servers.

/opt/squid/sbin/squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE10
configure options: --prefix=/opt/squid --enable-auth=ntlm,basic
--enable-external-acl-helpers=wbinfo_group --localstatedir=/var/squid
--enable-snmp

"--enable-storeio=ufs,aufs" is not there. Can I still change the
cache_dir line to use aufs.

I don't have proxy-only option on the cache_peer line on Server B.
Below is the cache_peer option on server B.

cache_peer ServerA parent 3128 3130 weight=15 no-query no-digest
cache_peer ServerC parent 3128 3130 weight=10 no-query no-digest

Should I change the above lines to

cache_peer ServerA parent 3128 3130 no-digest proxy-only
cache_peer ServerC parent 3128 3130 no-digest proxy-only

Please advise.

Regards.