[squid-users] Re: [Bulk] Re: [squid-users] Re: [Bulk] Re: [squid-users] Certain header not authenticating

From: Terry Dobbs <terry.dobbs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:05:32 -0500

Well, NTLM authentication is working perfectly for users accessing every
site except for a claritynet training site. I am able to report via SARG
using userid's, and restrict sites using squid-guard.

There isn't any authentication setup on the webserver, its only use is to
view SARG reports, SARG Realtime, and serve the wpad.dat file. Anyone
(internally) can access these pages.

The part I don't understand is why when a user uses a page with the NSPlayer
header it gives me the prompt. I'm not sure if it is squid giving me the
problem, or Apache. I suspect it may be Apache, so I will look into that if
nobody has encountered similar issues.