Re: [squid-users] squid authentication issue

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:47:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>>> Another thought: I have some pretty restrictive header_access lines in
>>> there (the "paranoid" set, I believe). Could that be removing one or more
>>> headers that would make the browser do the desired thing here?
>>
>> Quite possible. You need to allow the proxy authentication related
>> headers..
>
> Are those summarized someplace?

Turns out this was indeed the problem. The "paranoid" example settings
for header_access in the distributed squid.conf for 2.5-STABLE7 restrict a
couple of Proxy-*: headers which are necessary for authentication to work.
Allowing them through got things working.

If there's anyone on this list who maintains the example files or an FAQ,
let me know and I can tell you what I had to do to get it working.