Re: [squid-users] proxy_auth question

From: Jamie Heckford <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:35:50 +0000

Mark Elsen wrote:
> > Is there a way to:
>
>>a) check authentication
>>b) if authentication succeeds, access proxy with those credentials
>>c) if it doesn't succeed, fall back to allow anyway
>>

> Theoretically ,
>
> acl ntlm_users proxy_auth REQUIRED (alc name assumes ntlm is
> auth. scheme)
> http_access allow ntlm_users
> http_access allow all

Tried that one already, throws up the box asking for user/pass in IE,
clicking cancel gives the 'cache access denied'

I think for the 'special' users the easiest way of doing this will be to
have the unrestricted web people on their own VLAN and direct them
straight to the squid process behind the auth squid -> DG listener on
the network hardware.

--
Jamie Heckford
Network Manager