Re: [squid-users] proxy_auth question

From: Jamie Heckford <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:51:29 +0000

Mark Elsen wrote:
>>Tried that one already, throws up the box asking for user/pass in IE,
>>clicking cancel gives the 'cache access denied'
>>
> Which I was afraid off, because any auth. scheme in place can
> only work on a fully-committed basis. So once the rule applies , you are either
> allowed in or not.
>
> I will ask the Squid-Team to apply some quantum princicples in the
> SQUID code,this may provide a workaround :-)

Ah well worth a try, as for the quantum principles..... :p

Question number 2 if you don't mind, how would I setup two cache_peers
in my squid.conf (dansguardian as one, the other squid instance as the
other) and direct connections to the correct one based on an ACL (For
the restricted users, and unrestricted users subnet)

I have seen this covered on the ML before but the answer wasn't clear.

Thanks!

--
Jamie Heckford
Network Manager