[squid-users] Problems with file upload

From: Schönwiese Michael <michael.schoenwiese@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:05:42 +0100

Hello Squid-User Group Members,

The problem is not new, there are many postings about file upload issues with files >1MB. -> But I've read the FAQ and searched a few hours in Mailing list archives. The only recommendations I found was to check the Squid Config and php.ini for correct values which I've checked with our hosting provider.

Symptom: Using Squid Proxy Version 2.5 Stable 9 and Stable 12. Connection is dropped after a while (maybe reaching maximum execution time of apache server) when uploading files > 1MB. User sees the typical IE error message, when a site becomes unreachable.

PHP Settings:
(simple upload script in php)

File_uploads: ON
Max_execution_time: 150
Memory_limit: 8M
Safe_mode: OFF
Post_max_size: 8M
Upload_max_filesize: 5M

Apache Settings:
This is done by the hosting provider, I don't know if they have limits there. If LimitRequestBody is set in apache, the apache answers with Error 413 (to much data on request).

What I have already done:
Restarting squid and opening a new session with IE >can< help for the first upload, but all following uploads fail.

Uploading the files without proxy server works well with this hosting provider.

Uploads to perl scripts working well with this hosting provider.

Testing that issue with a local webserver is already done, but I need to check again, because I am not sure that the proxy was really involved.

---
Does anyone saw this problem before? Could it be provider specific? A networking issue?
Thanks in advance!
Michael