Re: [squid-users] cpu usage increases over time, squid performance declines

From: Mike Solomon <mas63@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:12:19 -0800

I added this line to the config on two of my hosts, but it did not
have any effect. The host experienced the same amount of slowdown
under high load and had to be restarted.

I should note that I changed the config file and did:

sudo squid -k reconfigure

I did not kill the process.

I'm not sure if I understand half_closed_clients exactly, but the
number of active file descriptors did not change significantly.

As I mentioned before, turning down the keep-alive time and lowering
the active file descriptors did not seem to have any effect previously.

Thanks,

-Mike