Re: [squid-users] low squid performance?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:17:29 +0100

On 23.02 14:25, Tomasz Kolaj wrote:
> Dnia czwartek, 23 lutego 2006 11:32, napisałeś:
> > On 22.02 23:13, Tomasz Kolaj wrote:
> > > I observed have too low performance. On 2x 64bit Xeon 2,8GHz 2GB DDR2, 2x
> > > WD RAPTOR Squid 2.5.STABLE12 can answer max for 120 requests/s. 115 r/s
> > > - 97-98% usage of first processor. Second is unusable for squid :/. I
> > > have two cache_dirs (aufs). One pre disk.
> >
> > Maybe you have too many ACL's?
>
> I pasted my squid.conf in one of last posts. I have much of addresses bloacked
> in file spywaredomains.txt

sorry - the thread was broken and I didn't see it. (b)lame mailers who break
threads by not using References: or at least In-Reply-To: headers...

> acl spywaredomains dstdomain src "/etc/squid/spywaredomains.txt"
> http_access deny spywaredomains
>
> but when I remove it from config squid still generate much processor time.
>

> What about epool? I aplied patch for squid_2.5 for tests.

I don't think that would help you much. Maybe using external redirector
(SquidGuard?) instead of squid itself would help - it may reside on another
CPU, while squid it one-CPU-process.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod