Re: [squid-users] Special error message possible?

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:46:06 +0000

Ralf,

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> I want to block access to internal websites via the proxy. I want to
> do this on the proxy itself, but I'd like to show the user a proper
> error message like:
>
> "Don't access the internal net by means of the proxy".
>
> Is that possible?

Dead easy! I've just done it for our proxy - some of our users know
best and hard code the proxy details into their browser instead of using
the autoproxy config script. Try this:

acl lan_dst dst "/etc/squid/acl/lan_dst.dst.acl"
http_access deny lan_dst
deny_info http://webserver.example.com/proxy/ lan_dst

lan_dst.dst.acl contains:

172.16.0.0/16
172.18.0.0/16

etc.

The page they get to see gives them step by step instructions on
configuring their proxy correctly!

HTH,

                                Neil.

--